The Impact Fertilisers Leadership Team is comprised of seven company executives, headed by the Managing Director. You will see from their biographies the depth of industry expertise that the Leadership Team embodies.
Chief Executive Officer
- Jim Mole recently joined Impact Fertilisers as Managing Director with a primary focus of completing the integration of various prior acquisitions and taking the business to the next level. He has full P&L responsibility for the Impact group of companies, covering all Commercial, Manufacturing and Operations activities as well as all support functions.Before starting with Impact Fertilisers, Jim spent the past seven years with The Chamberlain Group, most recently in the capacity as Managing Director for the Oceania region.By joining the fertiliser industry, Jim has returned to his agricultural roots. After growing up on a farm in the Redlands district of Southeast Queensland, he graduated from Gatton College in 1987 with a Bachelor of Applied Science, with First Class Honours. A 16 year career with Dow Chemical covered various Australian assignments, along with General Management roles in New Zealand, the Philippines and Vietnam.Jim brings significant business leadership experience to Impact Fertilisers, with a proven track record for acquisition integration, along with strategy development and execution. He has also had considerable success effecting major organisational change management, as well as establishing strong and effective leadership teams and outstanding corporate cultures.
General Manager, Trading
- Josh Zacharias joined Impact Fertilisers in June 2010 as the Chief Financial Officer, following Impact’s recapitalisation and consolidation into the Ameropa Group. Prior to joining Impact, he worked for the Ameropa Group in a number of finance and risk management capacities, including as a Credit Analyst in the company’s Swiss headquarters and then as a risk manager within Ameropa’s distribution network in North America. Josh holds a BA in Mathematics from Carleton College in the USA as well as an MBA from New York University’s Stern School of Business.
General Manager, Commercial
- Geoff Pelizzo joined Impact Fertiliser in October 2011, and took on the role of General Manager, Sales and Trading in June 2012 to manage all Sales, Marketing and Agronomy Services activities. In early 2014 his title changed to General Manager, Commercial. Before starting with Impact Geoff spent seven years with Hi Fert, most recently in the position of General Manager, Sales and Marketing.Geoff has had extensive experience within a number of agricultural supply businesses in a career spanning 30 years. After completing a Bachelor of Applied Science (Rural Technology) at Gatton College, Geoff began his career as an Agronomist with the specialty fertiliser company Phosyn. He then transferred to Amalgamated Chemicals (later to be known as Rhone Poulenc) and began a 10 year career progressing from technical research roles to marketing, sales and management roles.After seven years with Rhone Poulenc, Geoff moved from the Ag Chemicals sector back to the Fertiliser Industry in Brisbane, initially as Marketing Manager of Phosyn PLC. Three years later he took on a role with Sumitomo Corporation as General Manager, Summit Rural Australia. After 7 years the Summit business was sold to Hi Fert.Geoff brings significant agricultural market knowledge and experience and a track record of being able to build successful customer and stakeholder business relationships. He also has a proven ability for team leadership and strategy development and execution.
General Manager, Operations
- Allan Joseland is our General Manager, Manufacturing, having joined Impact in 2011. He is responsible for our Single Super Phosphate manufacturing plant in Hobart, where he has led a significant improvement in finished product quality over the past year. After completing a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) degree at the University of Melbourne in 1991, Allan started his career in the petrochemical industry in an Exxon/Mobil joint venture. Since then he has had operational management roles in the food, beverage and chemical industries prior to joining the fertiliser industry in 2006.Allan’s experience in productivity improvement across a broad range of industries is proving invaluable in ensuring our manufacturing plant is a competitive supplier of SSP to the east coast Australian market. His strong focus on leadership, safety, lean manufacturing and product quality is helping Impact to fully leverage the advantage of its manufacturing asset.
General Manager, Manufacturing
- Wayne Newitt joined Impact Fertilisers as Operations & Logistics Manager during the initial expansion phase of the company’s mainland business five years ago, and has since taken up full responsibility for all mainland and Tasmanian distribution facilities and activities.Commencing his career with CSR Sugar as a process engineer, Wayne undertook manufacturing, operations, training and organisational development roles over the first 10 years of his career based in Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne. A move to CSR Distilleries commenced Wayne’s current specialisation in bulk logistics and operations which has since spanned the food, chemicals, petroleum and fertiliser industries.Graduating with Honours in Chemical Engineering from Adelaide University, Wayne has actively continued his professional development with a Grad Dip in Management and Master of Marketing degrees from the Melbourne Business School.
- Mandy Grogan has been a legal adviser to Impact Fertilisers since October 2011. Prior to that Mandy spent 5 years as a legal adviser to Hi Fert. Mandy has overall responsibility for providing legal advice and training to Impact Fertilisers throughout Australia. Mandy also maintains Impact Fertilisers’ legal records and policies.Before starting with Impact Fertilisers and Hi Fert, Mandy spent 15 years as a corporate lawyer. She did her initial legal training with a large commercial law firm, Blake Dawson Waldron and then worked as an in house corporate legal adviser at a number of companies including Mayne Nickless, Medibank Private, AWB Limited and Rio Tinto Limited. Mandy has a Law Degree with Honours and a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in French) from Melbourne University and a Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment from the Securities Institute of Australia. Mandy works for Impact Fertilisers on a part time basis – two days per week. She is generally in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays but is available to assist with urgent matters on other days. Mandy also works as an in house legal adviser for Queensland Sugar Limited on a part time basis.